KVM VPS – the best choice for your project
There are lots of virtualization technologies used by hosting-providers for creating VPS nowadays.
- SSD Caching
- VNC Access
- KVM Virtualization
- IPv6 Free
- TUN/TAP Interface
The most popular are:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Although the number of platforms is quite big there are only two types of virtualization:
- OS-level virtualization
- hardware-assisted virtualization
OS-level virtualization is implemented on the physical server's OS kernel-level thus VPS's are able to work only with hosting kernel modifications, while hardware virtualization deals with hardware level dividing one hi-end server into few VPS's with lower performance.
Each virtualization type has it pros and cons. VPS with OS-level virtualization is valued due to competitive pricing and good performance. It takes only a few moments to complete such common actions like installing OS or rebooting the server. The major problem though is possible overlapping of virtual instances while using hardware resources.
Such issue is impossible with hardware-assisted virtualization platforms like:
Average fee for VPS based on hardware virtualization technology is higher than for OS-level based one, but you can't overlook the main benefits – stable performance of each virtual machine is guaranteed while all VPS's are fully independent and not affected by possible excessive load of the neighbor.
HostZealot has been successfully utilizing KVM virtualization technology for many years. This platform has already become a part of Linux kernel and continues improving due to constant updates, in particular for Red Hat family operational systems.
Every user get some undisputed benefits with KVM VPS:
- allocated resources for your virtual machine – own network card, memory, processor unit, HDD
- ability to install any software and OS you need, whether one of the Linux family, FreeBSD or Windows
- KVM VPS kernel performance is independent of the neighboring virtual machines loads
- number of domains, sub domains, hosted web sites and DBs is not limited. Your VPS performance is limited only with resources you have paid for. By the way, you can adjust your tariff plan to your needs by upgrading it any time you like
- granted root access
KVM virtualization is not the only advantage you can count on with VPS from HostZealot. Our clients also get:
- POPs around the globe – in Europe, United States or Canada
- free additional software for server performance optimization
- KVM VPS from HostZealot will help you to discover full potential of your online project!
- SSD-caching for improved data processing speed
- premium SuperMicro hardware with Intel CPUs
- variety of available handy control panels
- IPv6 fully supported
- round the clock technical support